happylaney

It's time to lose your mind and let the crazy out.

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Charlotte's BooBoo

It's not all sunshine and giggles over here, occasionally someone gets hurt, and that someone today is Charlotte. Poor thing. She put her hand on the humidifier on Thursday and has second degree burns on the inside of three of her fingers. She had blisters, and then the blisters popped and oozed, and I took her to the doctor on Friday where they put some burn cream on her and bandaged her up. We have to go back tomorrow and again on Thursday to change the dressing. I know accidents happen, and she is soo mobile now and soo into everything, but I'm feeling guilty. I was standing right there, I guess I didn't think she's get hurt that bad, or didn't think she'd move so quickly. Poor thing. Guess we're in the market for a cool mist humidifier now. Oh gosh.

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • At 9:28 PM, February 03, 2010, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    youch! Norah is a big fan of bandaids so she would recommend more bandaids... I could never get Tom to wear one... good thing she's just a go with the flow sweet little girl! She will heal so fast! --Amanda

     
  • At 10:11 PM, February 03, 2010, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Poor Baby!! Hope she gets better quickly!
    Sue

     
  • At 7:42 AM, February 04, 2010, Blogger happylaney said…

    We go in again today to change the dressing. Hope she gets a smaller bandage. Hope I don't cry.

     
  • At 8:48 PM, February 07, 2010, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    awww, poor baby, poor Laney... I know, the guilt alone could kill you, right? It's so not your fault, babies get into everything... like amanda said, she'll get better fast... love ya, Heather.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home